We're home in a few days, but I'll just do a quick update of the last few weeks otherwise I know I'll never remember what we did!
Last time we "spoke" we were about to head to the Foo Fighters... what a night! Dave Grohl said it was the biggest gig the band had played in their 13 year career and they sure pulled out all the stops. The show was on such a massive scale, they totally rocked out and the evening even ended with a huge fireworks display! We managed to navigate our way back across London afterwards with no problems, which was also a plus!
We had to get up far too early the next day to catch a plane to Tours in the Loire Valley. The town itself was really lovely, and provided a good base to visit the chateaux of the Loire Valley, which we did on an organised tour - they were all highly impressive and gave us lots of decorating ideas - haha!
The last stop of our European sojourn was Paris and what a fitting place to end! This city is on such a vast, impressive scale that I'm sure if we'd seen it earlier in the trip it would have made everywhere pale in comparision. We did all the usual tourist things, but also got a taste of Parisian life with visits to my friend Camille. We enjoyed an amazing dinner with her and her husband, Yves and they were also kind enough to take us to a chateau outside of Paris that a friend of theirs manages, so that was a pretty cool experience.
We're in Bangkok now, at Pantip Plaza in fact - a massive mall devoted entirely to computers and electronics. Paul is in heaven, and I'm... well... that's why I'm sitting here writing! But that's cool, this afternoon is handbag shopping time!
We're staying in a 4 star hotel complete with honeymoon upgrade so after the hostels of Europe it feels unthinkably luxurious! If the weather clears up we'll be heading for the pool soon.
See you all in a few days!
See
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment